Courses as Instructor of Record
POLS 12: Intro to American Government and Politics (Managed 2 Teaching Assistants)
Courses as Teaching Assistant
POLS 160: Asian American Politics
POLS 161: U.S. Minority Politics
POLS 153: Interest Groups
POLS 15: Introduction to Research Design
POLS 106 PO: Challenges in Public Opinion Polling
POLS 106 IG: Intergovernmental Relations
POLS 12: Intro to American Government and Politics
Below are selected student responses from students in sections I have led. Complete teaching evaluations are available upon request from potential employers.
- “Daniel does a great job of relating to his students and creating a positive, engaging environment while also sticking straight to the point and not wasting our time. He is very good at providing his students the best opportunity possible to help us succeed. He will make a great professor.”
- “Daniel is one of the best TAs the political science department has to offer. His immense knowledge is very useful and he is very helpful in helping us understand the material. He is such a great TA and I really hope to work with him once more before I graduate.”
- “Literally my favorite TA I’ve ever had. Made me truly care about the greater context of the class. He’s passionate and well-prepared, as well as patient and outgoing with all of us.”
- “Very direct, knowledgeable, understand how to handle sensitive topics with real life consequences. Amazing work and I appreciated having him as a TA for this class. Shut down bigots/ ignorant people in a matter-of-fact way, which I really appreciate.”
- “Daniel is truly one of the best TAs I have had at UCSB in my four years. I have had him for multiple sections for difficult classes, and he has always taken the time to help me do well. He truly cares for his students. He is also an excellent lecturer, always clear and comprehensible.”
In the Spring of 2017 I taught an intensive workshop-style undergraduate course in which students developed research questions, created and fielded a survey, and analyzed data in order to better understand public opinion in the U.S.
Below are videos with student testimonials from the class.